Wednesday, September 2, 2009

PVR saves me time

I'm naturally a very lazy person who likes to maximize my time and get the most out of it. I've never been one to hurry anything, unless driving a fast car, but I like to work efficiently and be productive with my time.

I try to incorporate this kind of thinking into my personal life also. One of my latest toys has been using a PVR (digital video recorder) device. It allows me to record two shows at once, or watch a show as I'm recording another. By skipping through the commercials of a previously recorded show, I can watch a one hour show in just 42 minutes. Thats 18 minutes of my life that I get back. If I miss something funny (or worth seeing again) I can quickly rewind the show I'm watching to hear it again. The PVR even lets me pause a live show and just hit play when I'm ready again.

There are many different models and types of PVR's. Originally we all heard about Replay TV, the TiVo system and recording tv with your computer and PMP's (portable media players). I don't do much of recording the news on my PVR but movies and my favorite hit shows are best.



The PVR is very similar in size to a DVD player and easy to use. You can program it to record a series of your favorite shows or just a special one you find!

2 comments:

  1. I love using my PVR. I just record what I want, watch it when i want and skip the commercials. I find I spend far less time watching tv and when I do, I'm watching something on purpose, not just for the sake of sitting on my sofa.

    I also like how I can rewind or pause a live show for those times I am actually there when a show is on. Now if they could just make one that would not record commercials that would be great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't thought that the PVR would make me watch LESS tv, but it makes sense.

    I LOVE the rewind feature. I'm getting a big deaf (too much loud music as a kid) and so I miss some things! :)

    ReplyDelete