Monday, September 7, 2009

$15 cup of coffee!


I moved one heck of a lot as a kid. Some great places and some not so great. I enjoy being in San Francisco just about any time of year but I also enjoy visiting new places and places where I spent time as a kid. I was recently visiting family in Vancouver, Canada. What a beautiful place, especially when the weather is nice. I plan to do some skiing there this winter hopefully, before the Olympics start up. The place has grown a lot since I was young, but not so big as to feel foreign... yet!

I found what I would consider to be the best coffee in the world, and believe me, I've looked. Cafe Artigiano is a small chain of specialty coffee shops which also has some breakfast and lunch type food items. From what I've read it seems that they win Barista awards every year and are known for their coffee excellence! At one time they had a specialty coffee, Panamanian La Esmeralda, that sold for $15 a cup. I don't think you get refills with that! I've taken quite a liking to their Lattes, which are always made with a fancy swirly design on the foam. YUMMY!



As well as 10 in Vancouver, they have locations set up in Calgary, Kelowna and Victoria. I look forward to seeing some south of the border anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment