Monday, September 28, 2009

Jeans versus Genes

I've never been one to claim much fashion knowledge or to be on the leading edge of what is considered chic clothing to wear. I usually go to some trendy shop (expensive too) and have one of the young ladies help me with my clothing decisions. They know what's hot that week and have much better taste that I could ever have. One thing I do know, is that jeans are in.... again! It's been an on-again off-again affair of whether it's kosher to wear jeans to work but unless you are a lawyer (sorry dad) or an uptight accountant (sorry Bob) then a nice clean pair of designer jeans is just fine!

I must try on about 10 pairs for each pair I end up buying. This is why my wife won't go shopping with me. It takes me an hour to buy each item. She's a much better (meaning faster and more expensive) shopper than me. I recently bough the MOST comfortable pair of jeans I've ever owned, and they are made in California. The name of the jean is Gringo and they fit very well. I don't know how guys wear those tight jeans that are high in the crotch - OUCH! Not too comfy. I also don't like those baggy "shit catcher" jeans that expose half your underwear. Anyways, these Gringo jeans look and feel awesome. For $245 they should! Made by Agave, I recommend these jeans to anyone!



Here's a photo of my pair of Gringo jeans! Lots of belt loops help them stay snug.

As much as I might complain about how different my father and I are, I have come to realize we are very similar in a lot of ways. Another odd reality is that he has always been on the leading of clothing trends. My dad loves his jeans. He's very much a suit kinda guy during the week but on weekends he's been a jean guy for many years. Now that he's partially retired he's wearing them more and more.

Take a nice pair of jeans and match it with smart dress shoes and a tapered shirt and you can go just about anywhere. OK, I'm off to get another pair for me and a pair for my dad as a gift... it's in the genes!


No comments:

Post a Comment