Sunday, September 27, 2009

Bad news Bush

I just got back from Chicago yesterday. There was lots of talk there the last couple days about Iran and the discovery of a newly revealed nuclear facility. I hate news like this for many different reasons. Obviously anything that makes the world a more dangerous and unstable place is bad. Also, with each discovery such as this, the stock markets take a hit. Don't kid yourselves or believe the spin you might hear as to the reasons for stock dips... news like this hurts. I've seen in many times. In fact, when big bag news does hit, the first thing I usually do is sell stocks that are susceptible to this sort of thing.

I think that when this news about Tehran first became public President Obama probably thought, "holy crap, Bush was right!" I think Bush Dubya probably thought, "holy crap I was right!" Even Bush Senior probably said, "Hey Barbara, looks like Junior was right for once... holy crap!"


Anyway my point is that stock markets around the world like stability. They thrive on it. A bad news day can easily wipe out days of strong growth. With countries like Iran and North Korea threatening the world (while not feeding their own people) they weaken the strength that other countries have built. Thankfully they never weaken our resolve!

No comments:

Post a Comment