Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Jeremy Clarkson - screw off!

While I've preferred the smaller vehicles, like the Porsche 911 or the new Audi A5, my wife has always preferred something a little bigger, and who could blame her! We just replaced her BMW M5 with the Porsche Cayenne.


I think it's a great vehicle. It has lots of room for the kids and their friends, the dog, some bags and plenty of oomph that she can beat some "kid" in most sports cars off the line. Yes the Turbo version sucks back the gas at a thirsty rate, but hey, I didn't buy a Prius did I!



So why did Jeremy Clarkson (Top Gear) totally trash such a wonderful car? He said "I've seen better looking gangrenous wounds than this" when describing the looks. When it came to performance he accurately, yet pathetically, said that "0-60 takes 5 and a half seconds... and about 17 gallons of fuel." Well Jeremy, that's why it has such a bloody big tank!

I actually very much enjoy the Top Gear show and the three clowns, I mean automotive journalists, who present it but sometimes they are way off the mark. I DARE Jeremy to pick any car he drives on a regular basis and go tete-a-tete against Mrs. Wealthy on their track. Jeremy, she will kick your ass even with a boot full of groceries and still have time to pick up the kids from school!

4 comments:

  1. Damn thats funny. I use to watch Top Gear years ago - loved it. Jeremy Clarkson is great. He can be a bit of an ass at times but he's good at what he does.

    Sorry mate, but I think the Cayenne is a bit gay for a guy. Maybe good for your wife though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I received an email today from somebody that didn't appreciate me telling Jeremy Clarkson to "screw off!"

    My review of his review was just my opinion of a vehicle, which is very different than his opinion. I will be the very first to admit though that he is an expert on the subject, whereas I.. an more an expert on just buying shit and enjoying it.

    Another note: I truly love the Top Gear show. One of my fav's for sure. It's very well done, and as much as I may joke about the "three tenors" who showcase, I think they do a great job.

    Live on Top Gear!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL... nicely done, but I think Jeremy Clarkson is the cat's meow! Funny as all hell.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We washed the Porsche Cayenne on the weekend and one thing I noticed right away is much shorter it is than the BMW X5. It doesn't feel much smaller inside but it is much easier to wash.

    I also prefer the roof of the Cayenne over the X5 and it's odd roof racks. The Porsche product looks much sleeker than the BMW's.

    Each day I think the car is better and better!

    ReplyDelete