Sunday, September 6, 2009

Fine wines


I'm a sucker for great wines. I've never been much of a beer drinker, and doing multiple shots in rapid succession is for teenagers, or guys in their 20's who act like teenagers... or guys in their 30's who really need to get a life! But a fine wine, enjoyed slowly with a meal, with company, or just by it's lonesome is a wonderful thing indeed!

I was thrilled when I found a site that discussed some of the best wines available and even broke them down in types of wines and discussed which regions are best for each type. Funny enough I was looking at some new clothing trends on the Ask Men website and found a piece about fine wines. I was very impressed.


They had a section on the top 10 most expensive wines which ranged from a $287 bottle of Chteau Lafite Rothschild Paulillac (1996) at #10, to a $1540 bottle of Dom. Romane Conti (1997) at #1. I like wine but even I won't be buying #1.

I know a number of people who collect wines and some of them even have wine cellars, which seems like a big waste of space to me. I'd rather use the room for something I can do in it. Why spend money of something you are going to store indefinitely and not enjoy. I can understand having a few good bottles but why have several hundred bottles, and a huge amount of money tied up in something that honestly won't appreciate as much as someone might try to tell you.




3 comments:

  1. I like this site for wine:

    http://www.finewinemag.com/

    I think I will also pass on the #1 most expensive wine! Sounds good though.

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do they sell these by the glass?

    ReplyDelete