Friday, September 4, 2009

Exotic car search

I've been looking at some new vehicles recently and I've found the more I look, the more I like and so the more I need to look at some more to finally make up my mind. You see how difficult this is for me right?

There were a few requirements that my wife and I agreed upon. Mine was that it must be sporty and fun to drive. She had a longer list, but basically it needs to have back seats for the kids, and not those little seats like in the back of the Porsche, which the kids seem to like anyways. The biggest bargaining issue became whether or not it needed four doors.

I had in mind something like the BMW M3. I had one many years ago and loved it. I'm not sure it would compare to the luxury vehicle the Bavarian maker offers today, but if I liked the old one, I'd be sure to love the new one. Another contender was the Audi S4. This 4.2L V8 produces 345 hp. Probably the most solid car I've even been in. It's basically and Audi A4 on steroids. The new 2010 edition has a smaller V6 engine, but still puts out a whopping 333hp. Just amazing!

I'm too young for a Mercedes and I've never liked anything too flashy. So I was almost sold on the S4, there at the dealer and I found the most beautiful car I've ever seen. I almost started singling "I've found my thrill" like Richie Cunningham from Happy Days. There, before my eyes, was a sporty, sexy, powerful 2 door couple (yes honey with back seats and a billion airbags from every direction). This incredible machine has a name and it's called the Audi A5.



As you can see from the picture above this is a slick piece of hardware. Most importantly, it looks stunning in my driveway!

3 comments:

  1. I've driven a '06 A4 for three years now and I just love it. What an incredible car. It has the comforts of safety, lots of room, nice finishings and loaded with everything you want. It also has that sporty feel like you get in a true sports car. The new A5 looks slick! I didn't even know they were out yet. I read about them about a year ago.

    It looks elegant yet exotic, yet damn fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Derek,

    It is all of those things. I'm a little afraid to drive it hard though. The A4 has been a great car for Audi.

    By the way, I heard that Audi is changing their Logo! I guess it was dated but I still like it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think anything will ever beat a Porsche. It's got everything beat with it's style and performance. Just to top it off it shows everyone else what you're made of!!!

    Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Lexus don't do that. Maybe a Ferrari or Lambourgini = my next purchase.

    ReplyDelete