Thursday, October 22, 2009

Retail Therapy

I've never liked the transition to winter weather. I like the full-on cold and snow, because then I can ski, but those dark, stormy and wet days just aren't my cup of tea! To make up for it, I like to shop... sound familiar ladies??? Or, I just take off to someplace warm.

Recently I've been looking to buy a new timepiece... no just a watch... but a true marvel of precision that tells me the time. I've been torn between a few different Rolex and Omega models. I've had a Rolex for years, which I plan to keep, but I feel it's time for a new model that is a bit more classy. In other words, I'm compensating for the fact that I'm getting older.



This is the 2009 Rolex GMT II, with the ceramic bezel and half golf strap. I think it's absolutely stunning! It's elegant and looks great with any clothing, whether it be a suit or just jeans and a shirt. I had been thinking about getting a watch for a few months but last week a friend on facebook posted this picture and I can't stop thinking about it.

This masterpiece might just win my heart over the Omega Double Eagle Perpetual Calendar. The Omega is less expensive than the Rolex but it's still a great watch. Tiger Woods wears one and it's the first and only watch to be worn on the moon.



I will never play golf as well as Tiger and I will likely never be on the moon, but even I can look pretty good with one of these fabulously designed watches strapped to my wrist! Now I just need to decide... I think wifey would notice if I got both.




1 comment:

  1. The Rolex GMT is one of the nicest and best made watches available, in my humble opinion. Yes the Omega, and others, are fine watches also but the Rolex combines precision with elegance better than all the others.

    It's just a matter of what one can afford to spend.

    James

    ReplyDelete