Saturday, October 3, 2009

iPhone versus Android

I had spend a lot of time looking at new cell phones a while back and became more and more frustrated the more I looked. I must admit to being a bit of a crackberry addict. I loved my Blackberry and I loved the physical keyboard attached to it. I could type out an email just about as fast as anybody could with that thing. It was great.

At one point we had numerous mobile devices at home. I had a US and CDN phone and we had two others also. We had one for the nanny when she was at the home. Wifey got a new iPhone last year and at first I considered it a toy, boy was I wrong. The iPhone turned out to be one of the best devices out there.

Here is a funny comic about the Android vs iPhone (Google vs Apple)

Now that I have a Blackberry and an iPhone, I'm actually leaning towards getting an Android phone. It's actually an Operating System that is called Android (OS). You can read more about it here. Looks like Google's Android OS kicks butt!

There is lots of talk about which mobile device maker will take most of the market share in the next couple of years. Some of the big players are Apple, Google, Microsoft, Palm, Sony-Ericson, and Research in Motion. Right now RIM has most Blackberry devices out there but the iPhone has more apps and is growing faster than the rest. But... Google is huge and has plenty of resources and money behind then to push forward and push hard!

I don't need a Blackberry, iPhone and Android phone, so I will have to decide which one I won't keep, because I don't need three!






2 comments:

  1. The iPhone is unmatched at this point and the nearest thing will take a year or two at the minimum to catch up. The Blackberry was a great device for business but the iPhone can do everything it could do and more too.

    The Android looks promising and I'm sure, given a couple of years, it will be big but it isn't yet.

    ReplyDelete